Thursday, July 22, 2010

Ahizelm's Gift

AN: Hi, Em. This is something that is a total depature from pretty much everything I write, ever. It's a little ExB business, prompted by SorceressCirce.

Happiest Birthday, lovely.

MWAH!



A Surprise Connection

stripe

"So, hi," she says. I don't even bother looking up from my laptop. I shove my glasses along the bridge of my nose and leer at the screen, waiting for her to go away.

She doesn't. I can see her fingertips gripping the side of my library table. I drag my eyes from the lab write up I’m in the middle of and glance at her.

She has a bright purple streak in her hair and big brown eyes. I’ve seen her around school, but I don’t know her. She’s popular. I’m not.

It’s just how things are.

She smiles.

fall

She babbles softly as I save my document and determine that I’ll have to go elsewhere to get any more work done. I nod at her as I put my laptop away. I stand, and papers go flying around her feet. Quickly, we’re both kneeling, attempting to gather all of my information.

We both reach for the same sheet, and her fingertips graze mine. Heat washes over me, goosebumps erupt on my skin, and I look at her in wonder.

Her eyes meet mine.

“Can I show you something, Edward?” she whispers, and then, unwittingly, I find myself following her.

fumbling

“Bella, right?” I ask. She nods. “Where are we going?”

She grins conspiratorially at me and puts a finger over her lip. Then, she lifts her right hand and traces her fingertip along one side of my glasses. “I love these,” Bella admits.

I feel my face screw itself up before I’ve even truly thought about her statement. “You do?”

She nods. “I have for weeks,” she answers softly.

And suddenly, I need something to do with my hands, my tongue is tied, and I nearly trip over my own feet as I try to step forward, following her again.

stutter

With every step, anxiety creeps, until I’m suddenly sick to my stomach. “Bella…”

We’re in the very back corner of the library, and we both know why people come back here: because the librarians never check it, and it’s a good place to make out.

Only… I’ve only ever kissed one girl, and I don’t know Bella. At all.

“I…B-Bella, what are…”

She backs into a wall and beckons me toward her. I drop my bag and go to her, and then her fingers are in my hair, and her lips are on mine, and I hum against her mouth.

sweet

Minutes later, she pulls away and eyes me coyly, her face angled upward thanks to our rather significant height difference. When I speak, I sound like a moron, and I lift a hand from her hip to adjust my glasses.

“You taste sweet,” I say.

She smiles. “You are sweet.”

“How do you know?”

Bella lifts onto her tiptoes and kisses me lightly again. “Just do. Take me out, Edward Cullen?”

“I don’t really…”

She cuts me off gently. “OK, fine. I’ll take you out. How’s Friday?”

I grin stupidly, agreeing, and then I virtually float out of the library.

opposite

She’s picking me up in fifteen minutes.

I can’t rid myself of my nausea. I want to kick myself for being in a kiss-induced stupor that day in the library, because I’m convinced that I wouldn’t have agreed to this if I hadn’t been.

I sigh and look in the mirror.

What could Bella, girl with purple hair and piercings, see in me?

I’m a nerd, unpopular, probably lame compared to her friends. We have nothing in common.

I’m pulled from my emo when she knocks on my door.

When I open it, her smile begins to assuage my nerves.

bridge

We’ve been out three times.

By our second date, it became clear that we had similarities. Bella’s obsessed with Watchmen and MST3K. She’s beautiful and sweet; I’m no longer afraid that we’ll be a disaster, but of the feelings for her that I sense growing and changing in my chest.

When she holds my hand or I hold her before kissing her goodnight, we just fit. It’s just right.

I walk her to class every change I get. She always blows me a kiss when I turn to go.

Our connection is real, and I’m nervous but so very content.

awe

It’s been four months, and while I’ve definitely garnered a few more friends through dating her, and vice versa, not once has Bella asked me to change for her. She likes me with my glasses and my black messenger back with an Autobots emblem sewn to the front. She loves hanging out in my room, even with my Star Trek posters everywhere.

I’m amazed by her. Her mouth on mine feels like heaven, and so does her softest skin beneath my fingertips. We’re skirting the boundary just before sex. She’s not a virgin, but I am, and she’s so patient.

pool

I just turned eighteen. We've graduated, we’ve made it six months, and I’m certain that I’m ready.

She undresses me, her fingers leaving trails of fire in their wake. When I finally see her naked, I gape in some amalgamation of a thousand emotions. I reach forward, and when she straddles my hips, I’m so nervous, I can barely breathe.

Bella rolls the condom on, and when she slowly lowers herself onto me, I gasp and groan all at once. I’m overwhelmed, and when she begins moving, the sweat gathers in the hollow of my neck, and I get lost.

swing

We’re at the park. I’m pushing her in a swing, and we’re talking. We made love a week ago. I want to tell her so badly how I feel, but for some reason I can’t.

She stops and turns around just in time to see my push my glasses up my nose. “You’re nervous. What’s wrong?”

I shake my head, not wanting to explain.

She speaks softly, her eyes angled downward until the words are out.

“I love you, Edward. You can tell me anything.”

My arms are around her instantly, and I whisper, “I love you, Bella. I do.”


No comments:

Post a Comment